The Fleck Firm has represented clients in Bardstown who have suffered from many types of personal injuries. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a vehicle accident, dog bite, or medical malpractice case, contact us today to find out how we can help. We’ll give you a free evaluation to assess your case, determine how much compensation you’re owed, and advise you on the next steps to take.
What Kinds of Personal Injuries Can I Get Compensated For?
Any accident due to the negligence of a driver, property owner, or dog owner could be grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. A PI attorney in Bardstown from The Fleck Firm can provide you with representation for the following types of injuries:
- Car accidents — If there is no evidence that the other driver in the accident intentionally caused your car wreck, you can sue the defendant for negligence and receive compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents — You may be able to receive compensation after an injury on a motorcycle if you prove the person who caused the accident owed you the duty to drive safely and violated that duty.
- Truck accidents — When a commercial truck makes a simple mistake on the road (such as by leaving the travel lane) or the driver loses control and rear ends another vehicle, the consequences can be severe.
- Dog bites — An aggressive dog can cause serious damage in an attack. You can receive compensation from the owner.
- Slips and falls — It’s worth pursuing a personal injury case even if the accident happened on the property of someone you know, as the insurance company (rather than your friend or neighbor) owes you compensation.
- Other personal injuries — We also represent victims who have been injured using a defective product, who received improper health care, and who were injured on a worksite.
Other attorneys take contingent fees of 33% to 50% of your settlement.
We want you to keep more of your money.
Our contingent fee is only 25% on cases settled prior to filing suit.
What Causes Personal Injuries in Bardstown?
Various factors can cause accidents. For instance, in car and motorcycle crashes, the other driver is often found negligent for speeding. In fact, speeding both makes other mistakes more likely to happen and can cause serious injuries. Drivers have less time and distance to stop and the vehicle is more difficult to control. In addition, drivers tend to be more distracted when they’re speeding, especially if they’re traveling a long distance and have lost focus. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that 37,133 people were killed in speeding-related accidents across the country in 2017.
Another major contributor to vehicle accidents is their location. In fact, location is even more significant than road conditions. The vast majority of accidents occur on dry roads during daylight hours.
About 26.9 percent of accidents in Kentucky in 2018 occurred at intersections. The reason intersections are a common cause of accidents is that some vehicles have stopped whereas others are moving (often in different directions). A driver who is not paying attention when approaching the intersection or who is going too fast to stop in time could rear-end your vehicle or strike you in the center of the intersection when running a red light. To make matters worse, the intersection may be poorly designed, maintained, or lit. Plus, vehicles moving at a high speed could be coming from a highway off-ramp or there could be insufficient sight-lines, which means taking a right turn could be hazardous.
Even more diverse are the causes of other types of personal injuries. In a dog attack, the owner may never have trained the animal, whereas, in a slip and fall accident, the property owner may have failed to make the necessary repairs.
A PI attorney in Bardstown can help you by proving negligence of the at-fault party in all these cases.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Determine If I Have a Case?
The best way to determine if you may be able to receive compensation for your accident is through a free case evaluation from a PI attorney in Bardstown. We’ll ask you about the particulars of your accident and explain what documentation you’ll need to support your case.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injury?
As every case is different, there is no standard amount of compensation you can expect to receive. However, if you work with a PI attorney in Bardstown, you’ll receive much more than if you try to manage your case alone.
If you’ve been involved in an accident or been injured in any way due to someone else’s negligence, contact The Fleck Firm at 270-446-7000.