Personal Injury Attorneys Serving The Murray Area
The Fleck Firm has helped countless clients in Murray receive compensation for personal injuries. This has included going to trial to advocate for clients’ rights when insurance companies refused to settle. We have experience representing clients with a wide range of personal injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, the likelihood is we’ve represented someone in a similar situation.
After an injury in Murray, you’ll receive expert attention when you choose The Fleck Firm. We consider each case individually, taking your specific needs and situation into account. You can rely on us to ensure you gain the full compensation you are entitled to.
What a Personal Injury Law Firm Can Do for You
After an injury, you should be focusing on your treatment and recovery. A PI attorney in Murray can handle everything related to your legal case to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible. You won’t need to keep reliving the accident, which will reduce your stress levels. Plus, we’ll save you a huge amount of time and effort. Our experienced team knows exactly what you should receive in compensation and will not allow the insurance company to settle for anything less.
What Kinds of Personal Injuries Can I Get Compensated For?
Receive a PI attorney in Murray for any of the following types of injuries:
- Car accidents — Millions of people suffer injuries from car accidents every year. A PI attorney in Murray can ensure you receive compensation to cover medical bills and financial losses due to your accident.
- Motorcycle accidents — Most often, riding a motorcycle is an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, accidents are not uncommon, often due to collisions with larger vehicles, such as when other motorists fail to notice you or are simply driving unsafely.
- Truck accidents — Commercial trucks can cause serious damage when they crash. Working with a PI attorney in Murray can ensure you receive compensation from all the responsible parties.
- Slips, trips, and falls — You may suffer an accident if a property is in poor conditions. This can result in severe injuries and may require ongoing (often expensive) treatment.
- Dog bites — Being bitten by a dog can lead to lasting physical and psychological damage. Hold the owner accountable by seeking assistance from a PI attorney in Murray.
- Other personal injuries — You should also seek legal support if you are injured while using a defective product or if you received improper health care.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injury?
Compensation for a personal injury varies considerably according to the case, although the average settlement when you work with an attorney is $24,00. The exact amount you’ll receive depends on how much economic and non-economic damages you have. You may also receive punitive damages if these are relevant to your case.
Comparative Negligence in Murray
It’s important to be aware of comparative negligence in Kentucky. This means that no matter if you’re in a car wreck or you suffer a slip and fall accident in Murray, the courts will consider who is at fault. This analysis is called comparative negligence.
As Kentucky is just one of 12 states that use comparative negligence, many people are unfamiliar with the concept. It comes as a surprise when they find out that they may be at fault, to some degree, for their own accident. However, you should never allow the person responsible for the accident (whether another driver or a property owner) to convince you that you are certainly at fault and it is futile to seek compensation. There’s still a good chance you will receive something.
This is because personal injury cases fall under Kentucky Revised Statutes section 411.182, which means you receive an amount in damages according to the amount of fault assigned to you. Even if you’re partially at fault, you’ll receive some compensation — perhaps a substantial amount.
How to Determine If You Have a Case
It can be difficult to know if you have a case after suffering a personal injury. It may be that you were at fault or that your type of accident doesn’t qualify you for a personal injury claim. However, there is always the chance that you are entitled to compensation — and not pursuing a claim will mean you miss out. For this reason, the best course of action is to receive a case evaluation from a PI attorney in Murray.
Contact The Fleck Firm to receive your free case evaluation and find out what compensation you could receive.